The 5 Most Important Considerations When Hiring a Skip Bin
Skip bins are a perfect choice for flexible and reliable rubbish removal in your home. They have proven to be a great help in any domestic or commercial clean-up project; the bins hold your waste until you are done cleaning, and then the service provider disposes of the contents themselves.
Do you need skip bins in Perth? There are many companies that provide a wide range of skip bin services throughout the city. However, keep the following in mind before getting one.
- Size – Bins come in a range of sizes. Ask yourself what size you need. View your service provider’s gallery of bins or speak to them directly about your waste requirements and they will recommend a suitable bin size.
- Elevation – Put the bins on planks of wood. This will prevent the bin from scratching your driveway or pavers. If the bin is placed on grass, the elevation from the planks will minimise or avoid damage to your lawn.
- Location – Place the bin on your property, not on the street. This will help you avoid fines, and ensure that nobody else uses it.
- Need for council permit – If you have to place your bin in the street, or nature strip, you will need to obtain a council permit. Your service provider’s customer service team can usually assist with this.
- Number of bins – Instead of getting one medium or large bin, consider getting multiple smaller bins. This way you can, segregate your waste more efficiently. Also, make sure to use all the space in the bin; keep the trash compact, so that you won’t have to suddenly hire another bin.
You should also understand what you are allowed to put in the bins. While most rubbish is acceptable, you cannot throw any hazardous waste into the bins. Some service providers refuse to accept asbestos, and the ones that do have strict guidelines. As always, make sure to ask questions and do your research.