Why You Should Exercise While Pregnant
If you’re pregnant, you may be more concerned with fatigue, frequent bathroom trips, and nausea than you are with exercising. There are a number of good reasons to make exercising a priority even while you’re pregnant, however.
The Pros of Exercising While Pregnant
It’s common for pregnant women to struggle to find time and energy to get on an exercise equipment. A workout, however, can help you feel more comfortable during your pregnancy in different ways such as:
- Providing you with more energy
- Reducing your backaches, bloating, and constipation
- Reducing your risk of gestational diabetes
- Improving your sleep patterns
- Improving your labor and childbirth
- Reducing your postpartum recovery period
- Improving your state of mind
- Reducing your baby’s birth weight, which may prevent them from becoming overweight or obese later in life
Despite these benefits, be sure to consult your doctor and get clearance to exercise before hopping on any cardio exercise equipment. Even though most pregnant women find they can keep going with their workouts with some modifications over time, your physician may still give you the specifics about your situation, helping you benefit the most from your workout.
You may also contact exercise specialists, such as NordicTrack and the National Academy of Sports Medicine, to know more about exercising during pregnancy.