15 Fun and Free Things to Do at Jewel Changi Airport
A video went around social media about two guys who spent four days at the Jewel Changi Airport out of curiosity if they would get kicked out or not. While this is something we would not recommend for anyone to do (for security reasons, obviously), it left us wondering about the different fun things you can do in the world’s number one airport.
From watching free movies to enjoying some of Singapore’s airport accommodation, we have listed 15 fun (and mostly free) stuff to do at the Jewel Changi Airport:
- Free Singapore Tour – Changi Airport offers free tours around the city of Singapore, going to signature landmarks like the Merlion, the Marina Bay Sands, and the Esplanade.
- Movie Theaters – Head on to T2 or T3’s transit area and enjoy a couple of hours watching the latest blockbuster hit — for free! These theatres are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Cactus Garden – Find more than a hundred different types of succulent coming from different parts of Asia, Africa, and the Americas.
- Butterfly Garden – Located at T3, Changi Airport’s Butterfly Garden is the first and only butterfly sanctuary in the world located inside an airport. It is home to over a thousand butterflies from 40 different species.
- The Slide – Whiz down a four-storey slide (Singapore’s tallest) found at Terminal 3. This 12-meter high slide lets a person zoom down at a speed of six meters per second.
- Showers and Spa – Changi’s Wellness Oasis found in Terminal 1 lets passengers enjoy a head-to-toe massage which is a very welcome treat coming off a long flight.
- Swimming Pool – Work on your tan at the airport’s rooftop swimming pool. You can take a few laps around the pool or you can just chill and relax at the jacuzzi. It even has a poolside bar for your enjoyment.
- Playground – Perfect for the kids and the kids-at-heart. Let your young ones loose and let off their pent-up energy and see them have the time of their lives.
- Naptime – Take a break and doze off in one of Changi’s free-to-use resting areas scattered all over the place. Get that much-needed rest for your long flight.
- Sunflower Garden – The Transit Hall houses a field of beautiful sunflowers that can help cheer you up and brighten your day.
- Enchanted Garden – Enjoy the breathtaking view of the magical world of the Enchanted Garden where you are treated to a fun sensory experience.
- Entertainment Deck – This is the place to be for the travelling gamer. Kill time playing your favourite console or online games at the airport’s Entertainment Deck found at the departure transit lounge T2.
- Orchid Garden – With over 700 beautiful orchids on display. These flowers are arranged to show the four elements of nature – water, wind, fire, and earth.
- Hawker Feast – Getting around the airport and enjoying all its amenities can surely make one hungry! Head off to one of the eighty eateries and restaurants located in the airport’s various terminals and get your eat on.
- Raffles’ Long Bar – If you missed out an evening at the Long Bar of the Iconic Raffles Hotel located downtown, it’s never too late. There’s one inside the Changi Airport.
Whatever time of day it is, whatever day of the week, there’s so much fun stuff to do in Singapore’s Jewel Changi Airport. Whether you’re a tourist or a local, the world’s best airport will never disappoint you.