Gutter Guards: Are They Worth Installing?
Are gutter guards worth the time, cost, and effort needed to install them? While some people argue that they are an additional expense, others say that these help them spend less time and effort cleaning their gutter systems.
If you think like the former, it’s time to know the benefits of installing gutter guards to your system. Gutterhelmet.com and other suppliers list of some of its advantages:
- They minimize the need and the labor required to clean your gutters, as they block most of the debris — dried leaves, twigs, and rocks — that gets into your gutter systems.
- You’re now less prone to accidents like falling, which may lead to severe injuries or even death. When reaching too far to get hold of leaves from a gutter, ladders may slip. You or the one cleaning your gutters may lose balance and fall. This is true if you try to clean the gutters while standing on the roof.
- As gutter guards block almost all kinds of debris, they enhance the flow of water. This means that you can make the most of your downspouts and improve water harvesting and irrigation for your landscape.
- As you prevent debris and water from sitting in the gutters for too long, the gutters will not rust easily. This will make the gutters last longer than those with no guards installed.
- Gutter guards prevent the backing up and overflowing of water into your home. This saves your foundation from moist and prevents insects from breeding in the stagnant waters.
So, should you install them?
In case you’re too busy to clean your gutters frequently, installing gutter covers may be the ideal solution. Choose your supplier carefully, so you can get high-quality products.